Pages

Monday, June 10, 2019

The Winner's Crime by Marie Rutkoski

Book #2 of The Winner's Trilogy


 ๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏

Dystopian/Fantasy
Lies & Betrayals
YA
Revolution
Crappy Narration
Book #1 Rating: ☆3.8☆

With Audio Performed By Justine Eyre


๏ ๏ ๏  My Rating ๏ ๏ ๏ 


2.5STARS - GRADE=D+



๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


I really need to quit listening to books narrated by Justine Eyre because I really do not like her voice inflections/tonality or whatever you want to call it.  I thought I could get past it, but I can't.  If I finish this series, I need to wait about a year to do it, maybe then I can listen to her narration without cringing.

Overall, it's difficult for me to say how I feel about this second book, I was hoping the story would wow me enough and make the lack of good narrator unnecessary, unfortunately, it didn't do that.  I didn't really find the content exciting until the last half hour of the book.  Otherwise, I just found it boring.  This series is well-loved by many, so my experience shouldn't influence you too much, other than to the skip the Audio, maybe.  This is one that should be read.


๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝ 2.8/5
Narration Performance⇝ 1/5
Main Characters⇝ 2.5/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 3/5
The Feels⇝1.5/5
Pacing⇝ 2.5/5
Addictiveness⇝ 2.5/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 2.8/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 3.5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 3.5/5
Originality⇝ 3.5/5
Ending⇝ 3.5/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Yeah...
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ Very eye-catching...
Setting⇝ Valoria...I believe.
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER