Pages

Saturday, March 2, 2019

Gambit by C.L. Denault


Book #1 in The Prodigy Chronicles


๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 

Dystopian
Fantastical Elements
Futuristic Techy
Super-Humans
A Doomed Yet Feels So Right Romance

๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏


Kindle eBookAdd to GoodreadsAdd to Booklikes 





๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


In anticipation of Book #2 in The Prodigy Chronicles coming out in March, titled MIMIC, I reread this to refresh my memory of the story because all I really remembered was how much I loved it.  Seriously though, I first read this book three years ago.  I've been waiting, impatiently I might add, for this series to have a follow-up for a long while.

In my original review of Gambit, I said a couple of things like...


This is dystopian/paranormal-ish/romance/splash of historical/futuristic kind of read, yeah, it has all that and lots of well-written action too. Amazing! You would think with so much going on that it might be hard to follow, but it's not. 

Plus...


This book blew me away, I really just loved it. The world in this book is phenomenal, it has me hooked. It literally has a little of everything; from half invisible guardians to crazy ex-girlfriends, and everything in between.  

And...I only thing I want to add is this...

A fantastical ride that left me reeling.  Willow, headstrong and completely out of her element is the perfect match for Reece, an arrogant asshole, with a tender side and together they are perfectly imperfect.  Last but not least, please don't make us wait another three years for the next book?!?



๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


5STARS - GRADE=A+


๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 

Plot⇝ 5/5
Main Characters⇝ 5/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 5/5
The Feels⇝ 5/5
Pacing⇝ 4.5/5
Addictiveness⇝ 5/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 5/5
Originality⇝ 5+/5
Ending⇝ 5/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Yes.
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ Love it!
Setting⇝ McKaireth and London Core
Source⇝ I own Kindle eBook
Series ContinuationYes, No, Maybe or Probably
๏ ๏ ๏

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER