Pages

Friday, March 15, 2019

The Long Game by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Fixer #2


๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Political Intrigue
Scandals & Terrorists
Twisty
Young Adult
Mystery-Suspense-Thriller
Book #1 Rating: ☆3.8☆

๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏


Kindle eBookAudio

Add to GoodreadsAdd to Booklikes 



With Audio Performed by Cassandra Morris





๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 



I love JLB's Naturals Series so much, she can really pull off a story that has both teens and mystery unlike anyone else I've read before.  Her writing is not only engaging and smart but feels completely conceivable...she writes in a way that just feels, believable.

While I liked the first book in the Fixer series, it just didn't have the pull that the Naturals Series did for me, but this second book was chocked full of non-stop action, plus intensely gripping political intrigue, I flew through this Audio in no time at all.  The narrators sound is a tad on the annoying side, but overall not too bad.  At least she didn't ruin the book for me...although I'm not sure that could happen...it was just too badass.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


4.5STARS - GRADE=A-



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 

Plot⇝ 4.5/5
Narration Performance⇝ 3.7/5
Characters⇝ 4.5/5
The Feels⇝ 5/5
Pacing⇝ 5/5
Addictiveness⇝ 5/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 5/5
Originality⇝ 4.3/5
Ending⇝ 4.5/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Not really, but I am wondering if there will be a third book...
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ Awesome
Setting⇝ Washington DC
Source⇝ Own Audible Audiobook
๏ ๏ ๏

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER