Pages

Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Prisoner of Night and Fog by Anne Blankman

Prisoner of Night and Fog #1


๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏

 

Historical Fiction Based in Truth
Germany Pre-WWII Times
Mystery
Family Secrets
Ravings of a Madman--Adolf Hitler
Splash of Romance

๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏


Kindle eBookAudio

Add to GoodreadsAdd to Booklikes 



With Narration Performed by Heather Wilds


๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


This was a little different from my usual kind of read, but sometimes different is just what you need.   While my knowledge of Germany and Hitler is limited, I learned about it in school, but I only remember the basics, I still believe that this feels very well researched...and I soaked all the history up like a sponge.  That added to the interesting characters and the side-mystery makes this a worthwhile read/listen.  There is a bit of romance, but it feels so natural that it only enhances the story.  

The narrator's accent was just right...giving Gretchen's voice just the right amount of German, without making it difficult to understand.  

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


4.3STARS - GRADE=A-



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 

Plot⇝ 4.2/5
Narration Performance⇝ 5/5
Main Characters⇝ 4.3/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 4.5/5
The Feels⇝ 4.5/5
Pacing⇝ 4.3/5
Addictiveness⇝ 4/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 4.5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 4.5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 4/5
Originality⇝ 4.3/5
Ending⇝ 4.3/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Not really...but there is a second book.
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ Gorgeous...love the cover model, she seems perfect for the story.
Setting⇝ Munich, Germany
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER