Pages

Sunday, March 31, 2019

The Red Hunter by Lisa Unger

๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Intricate Plot/Twisty Mystery
Engaging Characters
Revenge
Rape and the Aftermath
 & Empowerment


๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏

Kindle eBookAudio

Add to GoodreadsAdd to Booklikes 



With Audio Performed by Julia Whelan



   A Bookish Obsession Favorite   

๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


I've only recently started reading Mysteries/Thrillers and I don't usually find myself wanting to rate them anything over four stars...but this book has done so, one of the rare few.  I really liked it...from the cover and to everything inside the cover, this book delivers.

My only qualm is the shifting of narratives left me continuously confused as to whose head I was in.  With so many perspectives, and added to that all the many characters in each perspective life, I was constantly mixing up the side characters.  A full-cast narration could have solved this...I'm just saying.  Overall, though, the intricately woven plot-line coupled with the engaging and authentic characters made that qualm almost completely overlookable. 

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


4.7STARS - GRADE=A



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 

Plot⇝  4.5/5
Narration Performance⇝  4.3/5
Characters⇝  5/5
The Feels⇝  4.8/5
Pacing⇝  5/5
Addictiveness⇝  4.5/5
Theme or Tone⇝  5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝  4.3/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝  5/5
Originality⇝ 5/5
Ending⇝  5/5
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ Pretty and mysterious...
Setting⇝ Lost Valley & New York City
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER