Pages

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

The Gone World by Tom Sweterlitsch

๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Mystery
Time-Travel
Apocalyptic Bleakness
Science Fiction
WTF Did I Just Listen To
Stand-Alone

๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏


Kindle eBookAudio

Add to GoodreadsAdd to Booklikes 


With Audio Performed by Brittany Pressley




๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


This is such a compelling read/listen.  I didn't want to stop listening, not even to go sightseeing, I was on Vacay while listening to this; it was that good.  Audio narration isn't perfect, a little breathy...but I totally adjusted to it.  Pressley does a variety of voices that made this all the more compelling.

What starts out as a crime scene investigation quickly morphs into so much more...with a bleak apocalyptic/dystopian feel that has time-travel, suspense, and is also wholly mysterious and altogether mind-blowing all at the same time.  If I tried to explain the science (time-travel aspect) part of this to someone else, I don't think they would ever totally get it...mostly because I probably leave out crucial information while doing so.  But, also because I can't fully grasp it completely but I did grasp enough...enough to enjoy it immensely.  Yeah...one of those kinds of a story for me, actually a lot of the Sci-Fi that I read is like that for me.

This book already has talk of a movie being made and I can't wait to see it, maybe it will clear up that ending for me...while I mostly get what went down I do have one little question about it.  I only had one other issue and that was the awkward sex scene, I believe that guys should not write sex scenes in their books...because I've never encountered one that wasn't awkward yet.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 

4.5STARS - GRADE=A-



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 

Plot⇝ 4.7/5
Narration Performance⇝  4.3/5
Main Characters⇝  5/5
Secondary Characters⇝  5/5
The Feels⇝  5/5
Pacing⇝  4.3/5
Addictiveness⇝  5/5
Theme or Tone⇝  5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝  4.3/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝  4.5/5
Originality⇝  5/5
Ending⇝  4.3/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Nah...
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ Awesome
Setting⇝ West Virginia and Pennsylvania mostly, I think...with multiple timelines.
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER