Pages

Thursday, February 28, 2019

Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick

๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 



Mental Health
Contemporary Adult Fiction
Dysfunctional Family
Love & Other Stuff
Lots of Football

๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏


Kindle eBookAudio

Add to GoodreadsAdd to Booklikes 


With Audio Performed by Ray Potter



๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


I wasn't going to read/listen to this, at least not until Audible offered it for free around Christmas.  Since I've already seen the movie (but found myself not remembering too much about it) I didn't really know if I wanted to even listen to this...but a reading challenge (Snakes & Ladders) gave me the push to finally do so.  It's wasn't too difficult to get into this, despite the numerous football references and shenanigans, I still liked the story overall.  I've never really gotten into reading any classic literature and the varied references to them in this were insightful and helped to reassure me that I probably not missing out.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


3.5STARS - GRADE=B-



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 

Plot⇝ 3.7/5
Narration Performance⇝ 4/5
Main Characters⇝ 3/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 3/5
The Feels⇝ 3/5
Pacing⇝ 3.8/5
Addictiveness⇝ 3.5/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 3.8/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 4/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 4/5
Ending⇝ 4/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Nope.
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ Movie Cover...
Setting⇝ Philadelphia, PA
Source⇝ Own Audible Audio
๏ ๏ ๏

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER