Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Monstrous Beauty by Elizabeth Fama

๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Present Day Interspersed With Historical Flashbacks
Pilgrims of Plymouth History
Mermaids
Cursed Ghosts
An Evil Sea Hag
Doomed Romance

๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏


Kindle eBookAudio

Add to GoodreadsAdd to Booklikes 



With Narration by Katherine Kellgren




๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


I'm fairly certain the reason I was never able to fully immerse myself in this story is due to the narration by Katherine Kellgren.  I didn't like her accent, it felt all wrong to me and I couldn't tell if the story was in the present tense or the past tense, most of the time. 

The story feels like it is well researched as far as the history of the pilgrims and the religious beliefs of the time, and I enjoyed that aspect as well as dark themes and the violent outcomes.  Sadly, though, I didn't feel the connection/romance between Ezra and Syrenka or Ezra and Hester...and maybe that's due to the narration or maybe it's not.  This could be one of those books that would be better to read rather than listening.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


3STARS - GRADE=C



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 

Plot⇝ 3/5 
Narration Performance⇝ 2/5
Main Characters⇝ 3/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 3/5
The Feels⇝ 2/5
Pacing⇝ 3/5
Addictiveness⇝ 3/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 3.8/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 2.8/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 3/5
Originality⇝ 4/5
Ending⇝ 3.5/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Nah...
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ Eerily Beautiful
Setting⇝ Plymouth, MA
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER