Pages

Sunday, February 3, 2019

Pitch Dark by Courtney Alameda


๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Adventure in Deep Space
Diverse Cast of Characters
Dystopian-ish
Horror-if-ic
YA Romance
A Stand-Alone


๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏

Kindle eBook | Goodreads | Booklikes 



๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


If only I could have listened to an audiobook of this...I believe I could have liked this a little more.  Of course, it would need to be the right narrator, especially for Laura's POV.  Someone who can pull off an authentic Spanish accent.  Plus, I prefer Science Fiction in Audio format. 

I mostly liked the characters and I liked the overall story (well, some of it anyway) and the atmosphere created, it was downright scary and gruesome at times.  A glossary of words used in this futuristic world would have been appreciated too because sometimes I was stumped on what some things were.  Sadly, that sort of thing just pulls you out of the story and lessens one's enjoyment of the story, overall.  That coupled with the difficult to follow action scenes and the lackluster ending is what brought my rating down.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


3.3STARS - GRADE=B-



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 

Plot⇝ 4/5
Main Characters⇝ 3.8/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 3/5
The Feels⇝ 3.5/5
Pacing⇝ 3.7/5
Addictiveness⇝ 3.5/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 4/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 2.8/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 4/5
Originality⇝ 3.8/5
Ending⇝ 3.5/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Nope.
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝  Love it...
Setting⇝ Deep Space
Source⇝ Kindle eBook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER