Pages

Friday, February 8, 2019

Freefall by Jessica Barry

๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Survivor Story
Airplane Crash
Mystery Suspense
Flashbacks
Dual POV's


๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏


Kindle eBookAudio

Add to GoodreadsAdd to Booklikes 



With Narration Performed by Hilary Huber, Karissa Vacker and Macleod Andrews


๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


I couldn't really connect with the characters and I believe it's totally due to the narration...I don't know why this happens in audiobooks, but when a lot of the story is told in flashbacks, you need a way to let the listener know when you're changing from present to past...I'm not sure what needs to be done, sometimes a narrator can change their voice subtly to let you know...or at the least, you could have a significant pause before you jump from one to the other.  Whether this is the fault of the producer, the Author or the Narrator, something has to be done about this.  

Sadly, I was constantly trying to figure out what was going on, and this could have been something I really would have liked otherwise...as it is...I thought it was an okay listen.  Despite this, the other two narrators (Vacker and Andrews) were fairly good. But overall, this lacked something for me...from the lackluster mystery to the overly slow reveals, I just wasn't that into it...

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


3STARS - GRADE=C



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 

Plot⇝ 3.5/5
Narration Performance⇝ 3/5
Characters⇝ 3/5
The Feels⇝ 2/5
Pacing⇝ 2.7/5
Addictiveness⇝ 3/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 3/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 3.5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 3.7/5
Originality⇝ 4/5
Ending⇝ 3.8/5 Cliffanger⇝ Nope. 
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝  It's Blue...I like Blue and if you look closely you can see some clouds.  I like the cover more than the story...
Setting⇝ The Rocky Mountains, California, and Maine
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER