Pages

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Into the Drowning Deep by Mira Grant

๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Killer Mermaids
Mariana Trench - Deepest Part of the Ocean
Scientific Research
Survival
Splash of Romance
Semi-Futuristic Setting


๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏

Kindle eBookAudio

Add to GoodreadsAdd to Booklikes 



With Audio Performed by Christine Lakin




๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


My review in one word:  Intense


From the intense character development to the intense action, and of course...the intense killer mermaids.   This could be an epic movie, in the right hands...

While it's debatable whether or not you should call them Mermaids...and I'm not going to say any more than that...these beings are insanely cool and super-scary.  The last half of this book is seriously good, and the first half sets up the second half, with character development that is very in-depth...maybe a little too much...maybe not.  It all depends on what you prefer.

I am really happy I listened to this, it makes the slow sections easier to bear.  I even used an Audible Credit to do so, and I don't regret it.  There is a prequel (Rolling in the Deep) to this and I wished I had known about it, beforehand, I would have read it first.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


4.5STARS - GRADE=A-



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 

Plot⇝ 4.5/5
Narration Performance⇝ 4.5/5
Main Characters⇝ 4/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 4/5
The Feels⇝ 4.5/5
Pacing⇝ 4/5
Addictiveness⇝ 4.5/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 4.5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 4.5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 5/5
Originality⇝ 5/5
Ending⇝ 4/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Not really...
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝  I love the way the title looks like it's moving in the water.
Setting⇝ The Mariana Trench & Monterey, CA
Source⇝ I Own Audible Audiobook
Series ContinuationYes, No, Maybe or Probably
๏ ๏ ๏

Disclaimer: As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER