Pages

Monday, June 22, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW⤏ THIS IS HOW I LIED


BY HEATHER GUDENKAUF

    NARRATED BY BRITTANY PRESSLEY


    THE DETAILS


     MYSTERY/THRILLER/SUSPENSE
     INTENSE PACING
     A TWIST...THAT'S NOT REALLY A TWIST
     THREE SEPARATE POINT OF VIEWS
     ALTERNATING TIMELINES WHERE THE TRUTH SLOWLY COMES ABOUT
     ONE PECULIAR CHARACTER WITH SOME MORBID CURIOSITIES
    ⤏ LENGTH OF AUDIO - 9 HOURS, 59 MINUTES
     I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY



    MY THOUGHTS⇣


    I knocked one star off the narration rating because this has three different point-of-views and should, therefore, have three different narrators.  I like Brittany Pressley, she's one of my favorites, actually, and my four-star rating reflects that.  She did try to make each woman's voice different from one another...but she shouldn't have had too.

    On the surface...this book was an intense ride with a little bit of possible insanity thrown into it...but, when you finish reading and start analyzing it...you're bound to find some fault within, especially with that first twist...which really isn't a twist at all...almost like a form of an unreliable narrator.  I obviously didn't let the inconsistencies bother me too much, but if you look at other reviews, you'll see that it did.  Which I totally get...but I was too caught up in the ride to think on it much.  

    Overall, if you're looking for a story to immerse yourself in and forget about the craziness going on in the world today, then look no further because this book totally delivered on that.


    BREAKDOWN⇣

    Narration Rating 4 STARS
    Plot 4.5/5
    Characters 5/5
    The Feels 5/5
    Pacing 5/5
    Addictiveness 5+/5
    Theme, Tone or Intensity 5/5
    Originality/Believability 4.5/5
    Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening) 4.5/5
    Twisty-ness/Mystery 4.5/5
    Ending 4.7/5
    Summation ⇢ 4½ STARS




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    My Latest Post

    AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER