Pages

Tuesday, June 23, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW⤏ THE FIRE BETWEEN HIGH & LOW

BY BRITTAINY C CHERRY

    NARRATED BY GRAHAM HALSTED & EMILY WOO ZELLER


    THE DETAILS

     ELEMENTS SERIES #2 (CAN BE READ AS STAND-ALONE)
     CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE 
    ⤏ YA TRANSITIONING INTO NA
     FRIENDS TO LOVERS
     DRUG ADDICTION
     RECIPIENTS OF THE CRAPPIEST PARENT AWARDS
    ⤏ LENGTH OF AUDIO - 9 HOURS, 3 MINUTES
     I LISTENED ON AUDIBLE THROUGH AUDIBLE ESCAPE



    MY RATING 3✰STARS✰


    MY THOUGHTS⇣


    My second book by this author, the first was The Air He Breathes...which I absolutely loved.  It ripped my heart out and put it back together.  This book didn't even feel like it was written by the same author.  I think this book lost me with the weird, oft times cheesy banter between the two MC's and their inner dialogue...their decisions didn't always feel authentic and I just couldn't relate to them.

    The narration by Graham Halsted & Emily Woo Zeller was okay-ish...but not my favorite...that could have been due to what they had to work with...IDK.  While this book had some quotable moments, it sadly didn't work for me.  I should have skipped this book since each one seems to be a stand-alone.  



    BREAKDOWN⇣

    Narration Rating 3½ STARS
    Plot 3.5/5
    Characters 2.5/5
    The Feels 2.5/5
    Pacing 4/5
    Addictiveness 3/5
    Theme, Tone or Intensity 3/5
    Originality/Believability 3/5
    Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening) 3.5/5
    Romance/Chemistry 3/5
    Steaminess to Story Ratio 20/80
    Ending 3.7/5




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    My Latest Post

    AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER