Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW⤏ THE LOST


BY SARAH BETH DURST

    NARRATED BY CHARLOTTE NORTH


    THE DETAILS

     THE LOST SERIES #1 OF NOTHING...SO FAR
     THE REST OF THE SERIES ISN'T GOING TO BE PUBLISHED
     WHY'D I LISTEN TO THIS...IF  BOOK #2 & #3 ARE NOT BEING PUBLISHED
     AND YET IT'S A COMPLETELY UNIQUE CONCEPT
     FANTASY/MYSTERY
    ⤏ FELT LIKE A MASH-UP OF SO MANY MOVIES/TV/BOOKS
    ⤏ LENGTH OF AUDIO - 11 HOURS, 4 MINUTES
     I LISTENED ON AUDIBLE THROUGH AUDIBLE ESCAPE






    MY THOUGHTS⇣


    Race the Sands is the only book by this author that I've read/listened to and I loved it.  Unfortunately, I was about a third of the way through this unique story when I noticed on GR that it is a series...only it still hasn't been published yet, and this book came out in 2014.  I searched around on GR and the internet and near as I can tell HarperCollins bought out Harlequin and they decided not to publish it...but this was a few years ago and supposedly they gave them back to the author and who knows what's up with up the two other books now...😞

    I read this through Audible Escape (free trial)...and basically, my rating is heavily influenced by the fact that the next two books are not ever coming out...or don't seem to be...it has been six years after all...but if they do, that'd be cool.  So, if Sara Beth Durst sees this post, could you please release the next two books already...especially if they already been written.

    The narrator, Charlotte North, could use some help with varying voices...all her characters sounded the same...but otherwise she had good inflection...and I would listen to her again.
     


    BREAKDOWN⇣

    Narration Rating ⇢ 4 STARS  
    Plot ⇢3.8/5
    Characters ⇢ 4/5
    The Feels ⇢ 3.8/5
    Pacing ⇢ 3.5/5
    Addictiveness ⇢ 3.8/5
    Theme, Tone or Intensity ⇢ 4/5
    Originality ⇢ 4.3/5
    Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening⇢ 3.7/5
    World-Building ⇢ 4.3/5
    Ending ⇢ 2.8/5
    Summation ⇢ 3½ STARS






    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    My Latest Post

    AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER