Pages

Wednesday, June 10, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW⤏ THE DIRT: CONFESSIONS OF THE WORLD'S MOST NOTORIOUS ROCK BAND

BY NIKKI SIXX, TOMMY LEE, VINCE NEIL, AND MICK MARS WITH NEIL STRAUSS

    NARRATED BY SEBASTIAN YORK, ROGER WAYNE,
    FRED BERMAN, MACLEOD ANDREWS & HILLARY HUBER



    SYNOPSIS FROM GOODREADS⇣
    NOW A NETFLIX ORIGINAL MOVIE STARRING MACHINE GUN KELLY, DANIEL WEBBER, DOUGLAS BOOTH, AND IWAN RHEON, DIRECTED BY JEFF TREMAINE.
    Celebrate over thirty years of the world's most notorious rock band with the audiobook edition of The Dirt--the outrageous, legendary, no-holds-barred autobiography of Mötley Crüe. Fans have gotten glimpses into the band's crazy world of backstage scandals, celebrity love affairs, rollercoaster drug addictions, and immortal music in Mötley Crüe books like Tommyland and The Heroin Diaries, but now the full spectrum of sin and success by Tommy Lee, Nikki Sixx, Vince Neil, and Mick Mars is an open book in The Dirt. Joe Levy at Rolling Stone calls The Dirt without a doubt . . . the most detailed account of the awesome pleasures and perils of rock & roll stardom I have ever read. It is completely compelling and utterly revolting.


    THDETAILS


     SEX, DRUGS & ROCK N' ROLL
    ⤏ MÖTLEY CRÜE
     NIKKI SIXX
     TOMMY LEE
     VINCE NEIL
    ⤏ MICK MARS
    ⤏ LENGTH OF AUDIO - 14 HOURS, 43 MINUTES
     I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY








    MY THOUGHTS⇣


    I read this book back when it came out...this was reread/listen in Audio format.  When I noticed that it wasn't narrated by the members of the band, I was disappointed...but after listening...I'm not anymore.  These narrators are all seasoned narrators and very good at it.  Since narrating is a form of acting, I get why they had other guys narrate for them.  After listening to the Heroin Diaries by Nikki Sixx, which he narrated himself, he did tend to sound stilted...like he was just reading it for you.

    Now that I'm older and I'm listening to this book...I have to say that towards the end of the book, I found Tommy Lee to be a whiny little baby, I found his sections from when he did jail time, stemming from his relationship with Pamela Anderson...to be so freaking boring.  They could have left that shit out.  Also, the coolest guy in the band is actually Mick Mars...and Nikki, once he got off the drugs. 

    This book is raunchy, decadent, self-absorbed, and raw at times...so I loved it.  With lots of sex, like a lot of it...and drugs...pretty much all of the drugs...cheating, death and even cheating death.  The movie doesn't quite go into the depth of the book...but it would have had to been a limited series for it to do that.  Honestly, the best part about the movie is the music.  Actually, I should have had it playing in the background while I was writing this.


    BREAKDOWN⇣

    Narration Rating 5/5
    Plot 4/5
    Characters 5/5
    The Feels 4.5/5
    Pacing 4.5/5
    Addictiveness 5/5
    Theme, Tone or Intensity 5/5
    Originality/Believability 5/5
    Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening) 5/5
    Ending 4/5




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    My Latest Post

    AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER