Pages

Friday, June 26, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW⤏ THE BEST LIES


BY SARAH LYU

    NARRATED BY NANCY WU


    THE DETAILS

    ⤏ THE PRANKS OF PAPER TOWNS MEETS THE TOXICITY OF DANGEROUS GIRLS
    ⤏ THAT'S ULTIMATELY PREDICTABLE AF
    ⤏ YA CONTEMPORARY
    ⤏ A TOXIC FRIENDSHIP HEADED FOR DISASTER
    ⤏ TINY SPLASH OF DOOMED ROMANCE
    ⤏ LENGTH OF AUDIO - 11 HOURS, 8 MINUTES
    ⤏ I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY




    MY THOUGHTS⇣


    If you like a story about the inner workings that will lead to a tragic downfall...all while knowing how it turns out in the end...then this might be the story for you.  For me, I wanted a twist that I never got, I literally just waited for it, all the way to the end...and it never came.

    On the outside, this is a story of a toxic friendship gone bad.  On a deeper level...it's the story of someone who never got the validation they needed, that everyone needs really, and turned into someone who seeks control over anything and everyone that they can because of the one thing that they cannot.  

    For me, Nancy Wu's narration wasn't necessarily bad...I just didn't gel with her nasally voice.



    BREAKDOWN⇣

    Narration Rating ⇢ 3 STARS
    Plot ⇢ 3.2/5
    Characters ⇢ 3.7/5
    The Feels ⇢ 3.7/5
    Pacing ⇢ 3/5
    Addictiveness ⇢ 3.2/5
    Theme, Tone or Intensity ⇢ 3.3/5
    Originality/Believability ⇢3/5
    Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening) ⇢ 4/5
    Twisty-ness/Mystery ⇢ 2/5
    Ending ⇢ 2.8/5
    Summation ⇢ 3/5




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    My Latest Post

    AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER