Pages

Friday, June 19, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW⤏ LOCK EVERY DOOR




BY RILEY SAGER
NARRATED BY DYLAN MOORE


THE DETAILS


⤏ MYSTERY-SUSPENSE-THRILLER
⤏ FIRST-PERSON SINGLE POV
⤏ APARTMENT HOUSE-SITTING GIG AT THE BARTHOLOMEW
⤏ STRANGE LEGENDS & A SINISTER HISTORY 
⤏ A SET OF RULES NOT TO BE BROKEN
⤏ MYSTERIOUS NOISES...LOST ITEMS IN THE HEATER GRATES
⤏ DISAPPEARING HOUSE-SITTERS...WHAT IS HAPPENING???
⤏ LENGTH OF AUDIO - 10 HOURS, 27 MINUTES
⤏ I LISTENED ON LIBBY THROUGH MY LIBRARY

MY THOUGHTS⇣


Dylan Moore was terrific...I believe this is my first time listening to a book narrated by her.  I kept thinking Drew Barrymore was narrating...her voice sounds quite similar to hers.

I haven't been reading/listening to mystery/suspense/thriller genre for all that long now...I would say I'm still fairly new to the different types of stories and still learning what I like best in this genre.  I do know one thing though, Riley Sager is an author I really like.  His books haven't disappointed me yet.

The tension or the what-the-f*ck-ness set from the beginning is palpable throughout the story.  I never saw that ending coming, totally waylaid, and I was too engrossed to think about the possible implausibility of it to let it affect my rating too severely.  

I would love to see Netflix make a show and call it From the Mind of Riley Sager and just make 10-episode seasons off each book.  



BREAKDOWN⇣

Narration Rating ⇢ 5 STARS
Plot ⇢ 4.7/5
Characters ⇢ 5/5
The Feels ⇢ 5/5
Pacing ⇢ 5/5
Addictiveness ⇢ 5/5
Theme, Tone or Intensity ⇢ 5/5
Originality/Believability ⇢ 4.3/5
Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening) ⇢ 5/5
Twisty-ness/Mystery ⇢ 4.7/5
Ending ⇢ 4.5/5
Summation ⇢ 4¾ STARS

 





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER