Pages

Monday, September 23, 2019

The Falling of Stars by Traci Finlay

FEATURING


Teen Suicide
Cyber-Bullying
Mystery
Psychological Thriller
More like Under-Thrilling
I actually paid for this book...
...but thankfully not very much



MY RATING⇢ 1.5 STARS | GRADE D



MY THOUGHTS


Why does Amazon add genres to the titles of books?  This book's title is The Falling of Stars: A Psychological Thriller.  It seriously bugs me...but then a lot of things do...so moving on...

The Good:

An intriguing premise of Cyber-Bullying...although, the execution was way off for me.
Interesting family dynamic (blended family)
A fairly decent ending...

The Bad:

Unbelievable actions from characters...so much eye-rolling it made my eyes tired.
Despite the decent ending, everything in the middle was very unbelievable to me. 
The actions to the reactions of the characters came off as malicious or generally off-putting.
And last but not least...for a short book, it felt incredibly long.  I found myself skimming a whole lot.

I for real don't get why this has so many great ratings and reviews. I feel like they all read a different book than me...maybe it's a case of it's not me it's you, oops...I mean it's not you, it's me. 




THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 1.5/5
Characters 1/5
The Feels 1/5
Pacing 1/5
Addictiveness 1/5
Theme or Tone 2/5
Flow (Writing Style) 1/5
Backdrop (World Building) 2/5
Originality 2/5
Ending 2.5/5 Cliffhanger Nope.
_____

Book Cover The only thing it has going for it is the palm trees.
Setting Miami, Florida
Source I own on Kindle
eBook Length 264 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER