Pages

Monday, September 23, 2019

The Falling of Stars by Traci Finlay

FEATURING⇢


Teen Suicide
Cyber-Bullying
Mystery
Psychological Thriller
More like Under-Thrilling
I actually paid for this book...
...but thankfully not very much



MY RATING⇢ 1.5 STARS | GRADE⇢ D



MY THOUGHTS⇢


Why does Amazon add genres to the titles of books?  This book's title is The Falling of Stars: A Psychological Thriller.  It seriously bugs me...but then a lot of things do...so moving on...

The Good:

⇢An intriguing premise of Cyber-Bullying...although, the execution was way off for me.
⇢Interesting family dynamic (blended family)
⇢A fairly decent ending...

The Bad:

⇢Unbelievable actions from characters...so much eye-rolling it made my eyes tired.
⇢Despite the decent ending, everything in the middle was very unbelievable to me. 
⇢The actions to the reactions of the characters came off as malicious or generally off-putting.
⇢And last but not least...for a short book, it felt incredibly long.  I found myself skimming a whole lot.

I for real don't get why this has so many great ratings and reviews. I feel like they all read a different book than me...maybe it's a case of it's not me it's you, oops...I mean it's not you, it's me. 




THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot⇢ 1.5/5
Characters⇢ 1/5
The Feels⇢ 1/5
Pacing⇢ 1/5
Addictiveness⇢ 1/5
Theme or Tone⇢ 2/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇢ 1/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇢ 2/5
Originality⇢ 2/5
Ending⇢ 2.5/5 Cliffhanger⇢ Nope.
_____

Book Cover⇢ The only thing it has going for it is the palm trees.
Setting⇢ Miami, Florida
Source⇢ I own on Kindle
eBook Length⇢ 264 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER