Pages

Sunday, September 15, 2019

Killing November by Adriana Mather

FEATURING


Secret School for A Secret Society
Savvy Teens
Lions, Wolves, & Bears...Oh My!
Mysterious Setting
Murder Afoot
Awkward Romance
With Audio Performed by Cassandra Morris

Link to Synopsis (Goodreads)


MY RATING⇢ 3.5 STARS | GRADE B-



MY THOUGHTS



I want to say that I liked this, but that wouldn't be entirely true...there are just too many elements at play that I'm not sure how I feel about them...I'll attempt to explain...

Throughout the majority of the story, I was wondering where this was going...because it didn't seem all that clear.  It's steeped in mystery to the point of being slightly annoying.  The Author only hands out a few breadcrumbs of info, and those are really just told to you.

This story is definitely different...from the characters to the secret society to Academy Absconditi (what a strange name), this is unlike anything I've ever read about.  This secret school is so secret a student is brought in knocked out so they don't know where it is...and its eye-for-an-eye policy is kind of messed up, among other policies/rules. Even the classes they take are off-kilter...they have a class for tree climbing, of which the heroine loves to do.  There are many more oddities in this that I'm not going to give away, though.

Overall, despite how weird it is, something about this story intrigues me and I may even listen to the second book, in the hope to figure out what that is.  Although, I wish that they had picked a different narrator for this...it's not that she was bad...she just wasn't the right voice for this.  I have listened to her in other stuff and absolutely loved her.



THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 3.7/5
Narration Performance 4/5
Characters 2.8/5
The Feels 2.5/5
Pacing 4/5
Addictiveness 3.5/5
Theme or Tone 3/5
Flow (Writing Style) 4.3/5
Backdrop (World Building) 3.7/5
Originality 3.5/5
Ending 3.5/5 Cliffhanger A "to be continued..."
_____

Book Cover I like it.
Setting Academy Absconditi
Source Audiobook (Library)
Audiobook Length 11 hours, 47 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER