Pages

Saturday, September 14, 2019

Final Girls by Riley Sager

FEATURING


Mystery Thriller
The Final Girl Standing
Twisted and Twisty
Slasher Story
Unlikable & Flawed Characters
You Totally Got Me With Your Twist
Audio Performed by Erin Bennet & Hilary Huber

LINK TO SYNOPSIS (AUTHOR'S WEBSITE)


MY RATING⇢ 4.5 STARS | GRADE A-



MY THOUGHTS


Before starting this, I was worried that it might prove to be too scary for me...I'm not a scary movie enthusiast after all.  There was one point where I did get a tad freaked out...but overall it didn't end up freaking me out too much.   I was happy that the focus of this story wasn't the systematic killing of Quincy's friends.

It was so much more than that.

I perused quite a few reviews where some said they guessed the ending right from the beginning...I, on the other hand, was completely thrown by the ending.  I didn't see anything that was revealed throughout the story, actually.  I felt like the only real issue not addressed was Quincy's anger management, because she has one helluva problem there.

While the book starts out kind of slow, eventually there is so much being revealed, you can barely keep up.  Told in alternating POV's from present time to flashbacks of the past at Pine Cottage where Quincy's friends were all killed, the effect is staggering.

With a different narrator for each, the past and the present, the narration is very well executed. 

THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 4.5/5
Narration Performance 5/5
Characters 4.3/5
The Feels 5/5
Pacing 4.5/5
Addictiveness 4.3/5
Theme or Tone 4.5/5
Flow (Writing Style) 5/5
Backdrop (World Building) 5/5
Originality 5/5
Ending 5/5 Cliffhanger Not really...
_____

Book Cover The slash marks are cleverly done...but otherwise it's boring.
Setting New York & Pine Cottage
Source Audiobook (Library)
Length 12 hours, 24 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER