Pages

Sunday, September 1, 2019

My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite

FEATURING


Novella Length
Dead Bodies
Familial/Sister Bonds
Is Blood Thicker Than Water?
Nigeria Setting
With Audio Performed by Adepero Oduye

LINK TO SYNOPSIS (AUTHOR'S WEBSITE)


MY RATING⇢ 3 STARS | GRADE C



MY THOUGHTS


Dubbed as darkly funny...I don't know if I laughed even one time...wait...I might have laughed a little at the very beginning.  I didn't find it funny, not even darkly so.  While I wasn't completely hooked, I still believe this was a well-written story about the things we do for family, even when we shouldn't.  Seriously, Korede's sister didn't deserve that kind of loyalty from her.  Overall, this wasn't really for me...but it wasn't awful...either.  The narration was decent, too.

Sadly, though, sad because my local library switched to CloudLibrary over Overdrive, the reason I possibly couldn't get into it is that I listened to this on the CloudLibrary App.  I just kept getting 'Playback Error' continuously throughout the entire book...so thank goodness it was only a little over 4 hours.  I just have one question, why can't all Audiobook player apps be like Libby?


THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 3.5/5
Narration Performance 4/5
Characters 2.8/5
The Feels 2.5/5
Pacing 4/5
Addictiveness 3/5
Theme or Tone 3/5
Flow (Writing Style) 2.7/5
Backdrop (World Building) 3/5
Originality 4/5
Ending 3/5 Cliffhanger 
_____

Book Cover It's okay.
Setting Lagos, Nigeria
Source Audiobook (Library)
Length 4 hours, 15 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER