Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2019

The Conspiracy by Kat Martin

FEATURING


Light on the Romane
& Heavy on the Suspense
Romantic Suspense
Missing Persons
The Beautiful People...
Cliché'd Characters & Actions
Sex-plicit
With Audio Performed by Ryan Turner



LINK TO SYNOPSIS (AUTHOR'S WEBSITE)


MY RATING⇢ 2.3 STARS | GRADE D+



MY THOUGHTS


If you like the style of romantic suspense that was popular in the '80s and into the '90s or you like the style of Susanne Brockmann than this is probably something you'll love.  This Author's style of writing reminded me of her work quite a lot...and I, used to like this...but sometimes our tastes change, including our taste in books.

Laden with the type of characters that are so-hot-you-can't-take-your-eyes-off-of-them and a romance that I didn't feel was truly believable.  This book just didn't do anything for me...and overall it felt like she just kept throwing in plot twists to make up for actual substance.  Sadly, this kind of book just isn't my cuppa, at least not anymore.  I should also mention that the narration by a guy, especially this particular guy, really killed the vibe for me and maybe it could have been better if it had a female narrator for the female POV.  Although, it might not have made a difference.

THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 3/5
Narration Performance 2.5/5
Characters 2.5/5
The Feels 1.5/5
Pacing 3/5
Addictiveness 2/5
Theme or Tone 2.7/5
Flow (Writing Style) 3/5
Backdrop (World Building) 2.5/5
Originality 2.3/5
Ending 2.3/5 Cliffhanger Nah...
_____

Book Cover I love the sky in this cover, it's what drew me in...sadly, I was fooled by a pretty cover.
Setting Aruba and Texas
Source Audiobook (Library)
Audiobook Length 11 hours, 8 minutes





No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER