Pages

Saturday, August 24, 2019

Where the Crawdad's Sing by Delia Owens

FEATURING


Surviving A Life Lived Alone
Coming Of Age
Two Timelines in the '50s & '60s
Literary
Murder Mystery
Splash of Romance
With Audio Performed by Cassandra Campbell


LINK TO SYNOPSIS (AUTHOR'S WEBSITE)


MY RATING⇢ 4.5 STARS | GRADE A-



MY THOUGHTS


Everyone seems to be raving about this and it is easily deserving of the praise.  As you can see by my rating, I had a teeny tiny issue...while I found the descriptive writing made the story more memorable and distinctive, especially when read by the incomparable Cassandra Campbell, after a while, it became a tad tedious.  I basically had a few instances where I was like, okay already...get on with the story.  Although, the Alternate POV concerning the Murder Mystery helped to keep the story more interesting whenever I was feeling bogged down with the prose.

Ultimately, this story has a way of getting under your skin and into your heart.  The character of Kya is so endearing that I couldn't help loving her.  I found myself fully invested in not only her struggle for survival but also her need for someone to love her, and to love her enough to stay with her.  This girl just perseveres.



THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 4.5/5
Narration Performance 5+/5
Characters 5/5
The Feels 5/5
Pacing 4.3/5
Addictiveness 4.8/5
Theme or Tone 5/5
Flow (Writing Style) 4.5/5
Backdrop (World Building) 5/5
Originality 5/5
Ending 5/5 Cliffhanger Nope.
_____

Book Cover Well...they got the boat all wrong, she doesn't have a canoe...the boat has a motor.
Setting (The Marsh) North Carolina Coast
Source Audiobook (Library)
Length 12 hours 18 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER