Pages

Sunday, August 11, 2019

Skyward by Brandon Sanderson

SKYWARD #1


FEATURING


Fighter Pilot Training
Distant Planets & Mystery Aliens
Artificial Intelligence
Fantastic World Building
Overcoming Adversity
With Audio Performed by Suzy Jackson



LINK TO SYNOPSIS (AUTHOR'S WEBSITE)


MY RATING⇢ ☆5+☆STARS - GRADE= A++



MY THOUGHTS


How come I didn't hear about this sooner...Seriously, I loved this.  This book hooked me from the beginning with great narration and an insanely good overall story.  Not only a new favorite but also one of the top two books of my year so far.  Audio for this was absolutely amazing.  The varied voices Suzy Jackson performed were exceptionally done.  So very happy that I used my Audible credit for this.

I've also read/listened to Brandon Sanderson's Reckoner's trilogy and I really liked that series too...but this far exceeded that series and with only one book.  Skyward has a curiously mysterious plotline, plus an instantly likable cast of characters.  Set against a backdrop of interstellar planetary combat against some enigmatic aliens with fighter pilots in training, no less.   Plus that ending has me anticipating book #2, like what!  I have to say that I highly recommend Skyward!!!



THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 5/5
Narration Performance 5/5
Characters 5/5
The Feels 5+/5
Pacing 4.8/5
Addictiveness 5+/5
Theme or Tone 5+/5
Flow (Writing Style) 5/5
Backdrop (World Building) 4.8/5
Originality 5/5
Ending 5/5 Cliffhanger More or less...
_____

Book Cover I like the English version, at least on amazon UK it shows that cover, way better (pictured below).  The US version is okay, though.



Setting Planet Detritus
Source Own Audible Audiobook
Length 15 hours, 28 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER