Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2019

The First Girl Child by Amy Harmon

FEATURING


A New Favorite
Nordic Inspired Fantasy
With A Historical Feel
Rune Magic
Secrets, Lies & Betrayals
Love With Some Romance
With Audio Performed by Rob Shapiro

LINK TO SYNOPSIS (AUTHOR'S WEBSITE)


MY RATING⇢ 5+ STARS | GRADE A++



MY THOUGHTS


I. Could. Not. Stop. Listening.  I really loved this and I still can't believe this is available on KU, for a read & listen even.  Thank you, Amy Harmon, for writing such a heartbreakingly beautiful story.

Let me start off with saying that the narration by Rob Shapiro was fantastic.  When I first started listening, I didn't believe that he would do the book justice, I mean, after all, this is Amy Harmon.  He not only won me over but he did it fairly early on.  I always knew whose head I was in within seconds of the changeovers.  Bravo.

As the story unfolds it transports you to another time, another world with curses, blood runes, corrupt kings, keepers, and love...so much love.  And characters that you will love like Bayr, Alba, Dagmar, and Ghost.  I know I loved them.  There is a video on Youtube of a review that explains the intricacies of the world in this perfectly and I totally suggest watching it before you read it.

All I can say is read it. Or listen to it. Just consume it.



THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 5/5
Narration Performance 5/5
Characters 5+/5
The Feels 5+/5
Pacing 5/5
Addictiveness 5+/5
Theme or Tone 5/5
Flow (Writing Style) 5/5
Backdrop (World Building) 5+/5
Originality 5/5
Ending 5/5 Cliffhanger Not really...
_____

Book Cover Love the dark wood with the barely discernable artwork or rune.
Setting Saylok
Source KU Read & Listen
Length 14 hours 32 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER