Pages

Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Immunity by Erin Bowman

Contagion #2


FEATURING⇢


Duology
Deadly Virus With Some Being Immune-ish
Telepathy & Super Human Strength
Tween Romance
Deep Space
Interstellar Traveling
Book #1 Rating 5 STARS
With Audio Performed by Amy McFadden


LINK TO SYNOPSIS (AUTHOR'S WEBSITE)


MY RATING⇢ 4 STARS | GRADE B+



MY THOUGHTS⇢


Contagion, the first book absolutely blew me away.  The Zombie-Esque virus, the scary intense action, the mystery of what the flip is going on.  Unfortunately, Immunity dragged a bit for me...without giving away any spoilers...I was wondering if the story was ever going to progress from where it was, at the end of Book One.  I get that the author was trying to expand on the relationship between Thea and Cohen, but I just wasn't always feeling it...and I  wanted more of the action.  

Thankfully the last third did kick it back up, way up, and I thought the ending was a perfect way to end the duology.  It even left it open for a continuation of series, which I would totally listen too.  I also believe...



Amy McFadden gave good narration...I just couldn't tell when things shifted to a new POV, because she never changed her voice at all. But, I always say this and I'm hoping if I say it enough, they'll start to listen.





THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot⇢ 4/5
Narration Performance⇢ 3.5/5
Characters⇢ 4/5
The Feels⇢ 4/5
Pacing⇢ 4/5
Addictiveness⇢ 4.3/5
Theme or Tone⇢ 4.5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇢ 3.7/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇢ 4/5
Originality⇢ 4.3/5
Ending⇢ 4.3/5 Cliffhanger⇢ Nah...but it might not be fully contained...
_____

Book Cover⇢ I freaking Love it!!!  The colors are amazing.
Setting⇢ Mostly Conna 7 (not sure of the spelling because of Audio) A space station.
Source⇢ Audiobook (Library)
Length⇢ 9 hours, 14 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER