Pages

Tuesday, August 27, 2019

Losing Leah by Tiffany King

FEATURING


Child Kidnapping
Aftermath Of Her Kidnapping
Twisted and Twisty
Mental Illness
High School Bullying
Overwhelmingly Sad

LINK TO SYNOPSIS (AUTHOR'S WEBSITE--or something like that)


MY RATING⇢ 3 STARS | GRADE C



MY THOUGHTS


I'll admit the title is what initially drew me to this book...I'm a sucker for a book that has a character with my name.  This book had me completely, I was unsettled while reading Leah's POV...I kept picturing Mother (her kidnapper) to look like the Mom from the Goonies because she was pure evil just like Mama Fratelli.

Then came the first twist and I was like, okay...that threw me for a loop, but moving on...then came the second one, and I was...not buying it.  Overall, it felt like some elements were being done as a ploy to achieve a gotcha kind of moment and it became too problematic to believe.

I wanted a happy ending for these characters...and I didn't feel like I got it...and that's all I'm going to say about this since it is almost impossible to say how I feel about this book, without giving away spoilers.


THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 3/5
Characters 4/5
The Feels 3.3/5
Pacing 3.5/5
Addictiveness 3.8/5
Theme or Tone 3/5
Flow (Writing Style) 3.5/5
Backdrop (World Building) 3.5/5
Originality 3/5
Ending 1.5/5 Cliffhanger ???
_____

Book Cover It's all right...
SettingSomewhere with a warmer climate...I don't think a city is mentioned at all.
Source Kindle eBook (Library)
Length 312 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER