Pages

Saturday, August 31, 2019

The Murders of Molly Southbourne by Tade Thompson

Molly Southbourne #1


FEATURING


Creep-tastic & Weird AF
WTF did I just read?
First Half of A Complete Story
Duology (of Short Stories)
Horror-if-ic
Sort of Science Fiction &
Sort of Fantasy


LINK TO SYNOPSIS (TOR.COM'S WEBSITE)


MY RATING⇢ 4 STARS | GRADE B+



MY THOUGHTS


I got this free from tor.com and on the one hand, it's cool that I got a book for free...but on the other hand, I have to buy the second book for $3.99 and it's barely over 100 pages.  Under-handed is what that is.  You sucked me in...and I caved, I needed the ending to this wholly unique experience that I had with this book.  Well done TOR 👏 (Reading of said book to commence soon, hopefully).

With an almost frenetic pace...or maybe that was just me, that day I read it.  Whatever it was, I found myself racing to read this.  I even found myself telling people at work about it.  It was just so out there.  The premise of this book had me thinking, no way would this plot work...but it actually did.  At least for me.  Overall, if I hadn't gotten this for free, I would have never read this series, because at eight dollars (roughly $4 a book)  it's a little costly to me.



THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 3.8/5
Characters 3.5/5
The Feels 5/5
Pacing 3.5/5
Addictiveness 4.7/5
Theme or Tone 5/5 for the creep factor...
Flow (Writing Style) 4/5
Backdrop (World Building) 4/5
Originality 5/5
Ending 3/5 Cliffhanger YUP!
_____

Book Cover It's Creepy.
Setting I'm not sure...maybe Ireland or the United Kingdom.
Source Freebie from Tor.com
Length 122 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER