Pages

Sunday, August 25, 2019

The Girl With A Clock For A Heart by Peter Swanson

FEATURING


Twisted Scheming
Switching Identities
Blah Characters
With Audio Performed by Paul Boehmer

LINK TO SYNOPSIS (AUTHOR'S WEBSITE)


MY RATING⇢ 3 STARS | GRADE C



MY THOUGHTS


I haven't been reading the Mystery genre for all that long now...I only ventured into it because I was not feeling Romances so much, they are starting to be the same story over and over.  I find that my tastes in murder mysteries don't always tend to be what everyone else really likes.  Maybe, it's that this is under the elusive category of Noir (I still haven't figured out what makes a mystery a noir).  Maybe, I don't like Noir styled stories.  It also could be about the Narrator...I didn't really like him, after all.

Basically, I was unable to really get invested in this story or the characters...especially the characters.  It was well written and it was very twisty, with a cleverly crafted title (I always like when the title doesn't really make sense until you read the book).  But...it just wasn't for me.



THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 4/5
Narration Performance 3/5
Characters 2/5
The Feels 2/5
Pacing 2.7/5
Addictiveness 2/5
Theme or Tone 2.5/5
Flow (Writing Style) 4/5
Backdrop (World Building) 3/5
Ending 3.5/5 Cliffhanger Nah...just an open ending.
_____

Book Cover Meh...
Setting Boston, Massachusetts
Source Hoopla Audiobook (Library)
Length 8 hours, 39 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER