Pages

Wednesday, October 24, 2018

I Hunt Killers by Barry Lyga

All these voices in my head get loud, I wish that I could shut them out...

I Hunt Killers - Barry Lyga

๏ ๏ ๏  Book Blurb ๏ ๏ ๏ 


What if the world's worst serial killer...was your dad?

Jasper "Jazz" Dent is a likable teenager. A charmer, one might say.

But he's also the son of the world's most infamous serial killer, and for Dear Old Dad, Take Your Son to Work Day was year-round. Jazz has witnessed crime scenes the way cops wish they could—from the criminal's point of view.

And now bodies are piling up in Lobo's Nod.

In an effort to clear his name, Jazz joins the police in a hunt for a new serial killer. But Jazz has a secret—could he be more like his father than anyone knows?


๏ ๏ ๏  My Review ๏ ๏ ๏ 


The narration for this Audio was phenomenal, Charlie Thurston can tell a story, and what a compelling story it is.  I was honestly reminded of The Naturals, because of the whole son of a serial killer, using profiling to solve serial crimes, is also done in that series (but differently)…but this actually came out before that Series did.  I'm glad I didn't read this before The Naturals, though, because it might have ruined one of my fav series for me.  

With perfect plotting, that's executed in a believable way…this is one of the better YA Crime/Mysteries that I've read.  Jasper, Connie, and Howie were exceptional characters.  The kind you can root for, especially Jasper, who never really knows if he's going to end up being like his father.  His inner demons, aka the voices in his head, aka his Dad, will kind of creep you out, and maybe, it will also make you feel for him.


๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 

4.7STARS - GRADE=A




Breakdown of Ratings  

Plot~ 5/5
Main Characters~ 4.7/5
Secondary Characters~ 4.5/5
The Feels~ 4.5/5
Pacing~ 5/5
Addictiveness~ 4.5/5
Theme or Tone~ 4.5/5
Flow (Writing Style)~ 5/5
Backdrop (World Building)~ 5/5
Originality~ 4.5/5
Ending~ 4.5/5  Cliffhanger~ Sort of…
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover~ Perfect
Narration~5 for Charlie Thurston
Series~ Jasper Dent #1
Setting~ Lobo's Nod
Source~ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER