Pages

Friday, October 12, 2018

Archangel's Consort by Nalini Singh

Guild Hunter #3


๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏
 


Angels & Demons & Vampires
Urban Fantasy
Romance 
Sex-plicit
Too Much Sex Not Enough Plot


With Audio Performed by Justine Eyre





๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


I keep finding reasons (reading challenges) to continue reading this series…even though I'm on the fence about whether I like it or not, and want to continue it.  I'm not saying it's bad…it’s actually well written, with steamy sex scenes and a decent paranormal storyline, but for me personally, I'm just not that into it.  I wonder if my apathetic feelings towards this series as a whole are because of the narration…she seems to imbue this particular series with this sexy, breathy voice that I'm not sure I like.  I have listened to samples of other books she has narrated and she doesn't always sound like that, she actually has a wide range of voice inflections.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


3.5STARS - GRADE=B-



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝  3.7/5
Narration Performance⇝  3.5/5
Main Characters⇝  4/5
Secondary Characters⇝  3.7/5
The Feels⇝  3/5
Pacing⇝ 3/5
Addictiveness⇝  3/5
Theme or Tone⇝  3.5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝  3.5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝  3.8/5
Originality⇝  3/5
Ending⇝  3.5/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Not really...
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ This cover is cool…but the actual cover for Audio Version is kind of ugly.
Setting⇝ Mostly New York
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏










No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER