Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2020

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW⤏ THE GHOSTWRITER

BY ALESSANDRA TORRE

    NARRATED BY ANDREA IZZY ANTHONY



    SYNOPSIS FROM AUTHORS WEBSITE⇣
    I have three months to write my last book. Three months to confess the details of that day, and how it changed everything for me.
    My name is Helena Ross. I’ve written fifteen romance novels, ten of which have become international bestsellers. But this one isn't a romance, no Happily Ever After in place. This novel holds only the truth, which I have run away from for four years. The truth, which I have hidden from the police, from my loved ones, from the world.
    This final book?
    It's my confession. 


    THDETAILS

     MYSTERY/SUSPENSE/THRILLER...WITH NO ROMANCE
     NOT THIS AUTHORS USUAL KIND OF FARE
     A JAW-DROPPING TWIST YOU WON'T SEE COMING
     CONFESSIONS, HEARTBREAK, AND A BABY CALF BIRTHING
    ⤏ A NEW FAVORITE!!!
    ⤏ LENGTH OF AUDIO - 9 HOURS, 26 MINUTES
     I LISTENED ON AUDIBLE (TOTALLY WORTH MY CREDIT)







    MY THOUGHTS⇣


    Why did I wait so long to read/listen to this?  This is an amazing story...stunningly emotional.  It had some Verity vibes...or I should say that Verity has some Ghostwriter vibes...since this technically came out before Verity.  It's not in any way the same story, just that it has a similar feel.  Without giving anything away, a few of the similarities is both books are by authors whose usual fare is romance and also the plot's center on having another writer write your story...and of course, the freaky AF twists...which are freaky in totally different ways but still equally jaw-dropping.  One of the differences is Verity will mess with your head...and this will mess with your heart...either way they're both on my favorites list.

    Andrea Izzy Anthony did a remarkable performance...in all, I believe she pulled off about 3...maybe 4 POVs.  Usually, I believe that different POVs need separate narrators...but I have to give her props for a job well done.

    Overall, a very worthwhile read/listen, with an ending that is really heartbreaking but also really fulfilling...giving each (all except one, but I'm not sure they deserved it) of the characters the closure they need.


    BREAKDOWN⇣

    Narration Rating 5/5
    Plot 5/5
    Characters 5/5
    The Feels 5/5
    Pacing 5/5
    Addictiveness 5/5
    Theme, Tone or Intensity 5/5
    Originality/Believability 5/5
    Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening) 5/5
    Twisty-ness/Mystery 5/5
    Ending 5/5




    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    My Latest Post

    AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER