Pages

Friday, November 15, 2019

The Perfect Stranger by Megan Miranda

FEATURING


Mystery
Crime Fiction
New Girl In A Small Town
Past & Present
The MC Has My Name

With Audio Performed by Rebekkah Ross 

LINK TO SYNOPSIS (AUTHOR'S WEBSITE)


MY RATING⇢ 2.3 STARS | GRADE D+



MY THOUGHTS


While the mystery was a unique one, it was delivered so tediously, with constant time jumps, that flipped from one to the other with barely a breath in between.  Added to that were the many characters to keep track of and I found myself not able to engage in this mystery by Megan Miranda.

This is my second book by her, the other one being Come Find Me...which I did like, so I will probably give her books another try in the future.  With a high number of three-ish star ratings for this book...I was expecting to like this more than everyone else...and I actually liked it less than...just goes to show you never can tell how you feel about a book based off reviews alone.  When it comes to mysteries, it all comes down to what your mind lets you believe.  The narration by Rebekkah Ross was also a little lacking or maybe just annoying after a while of listening to her.  Meh, I don't know...



THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 2.5/5
Narration Performance 4/5
Characters 2.5/5
The Feels 1.5/5
Pacing 2.5/5
Addictiveness 3/5
Mysteriousness 2.5/5
Flow (Writing Style) 1.5/5
Backdrop (World Building) 3/5
Originality 3/5
Ending 2.7/5
_____

Book Cover I love the purple sky!
Setting Pennsylvania
Source Libby Audiobook (Library)
Length 9 hours, 43 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER