Pages

Saturday, November 23, 2019

Echoes of Time by Calia Read

SURVIVING TIME #3

FEATURING


Time-Travel
Romance
Mystery
Sex-Plicit
Quit Using Sex As Plot Filler...
Rating for Book #1 - 3 STARS
Rating for Book #2 - 4.3 STARS
Finished Series!!!


LINK TO SYNOPSIS (AUTHOR'S WEBSITE)


MY RATING⇢ 4 STARS | GRADE B+



MY THOUGHTS


Time Travel books can be tricky and this series requires a definite suspension of belief, but other than that, and one other issue that I will get too, this series was pretty enjoyable.  I adore the characters, Etienne, Serene, Nathalie and of course, Livingston.  Riley was a newcomer in this third book and I really liked her too.  I really loved seeing Etienne in modern times.  It was amusing to see him navigate the technology, guys night out, and the bad manners of our century.

While there was some actual story here, my only complaint is all the explicit sex...seriously, it's okay to leave some of those to our imaginations.  I despise when authors use a gratuitous amount of sex scenes just to make a book longer.  I can only trust a handful of romance writers to not do this...and apparently, this author is not one of them.  But let me just say...I know quite a few readers who are completely okay with this...

Overall, I recommend to anyone who can suspend belief enough to go with whatever explanation is given for the believability of time-travel, with a heavy emphasis on romance and of course, likes plenty of steamy sex scenes.



THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 3.8/5
Characters 4.5/5
The Feels 3.7/5
Pacing 3.8/5
Addictiveness 3.5/5
Theme or Tone 4.5/5
Flow (Writing Style) 4/5
Backdrop (World Building) 4.5/5
Originality 3.5/5
Ending 3.8/5 Cliffhanger Nope, it's the final book.
_____

Book Cover Love it.
Setting Present-day Champaign, Illinois & 1914 Charleston, South Carolina
Source Kindle eBook (KU)
Kindle eBook Length 321 Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER