Pages

Saturday, November 16, 2019

Star Wars Most Wanted by Rae Carson

STAR WARS DISNEY CANON NOVEL


FEATURING


Han & Qi'ra's Story...Prequel to Solo
A Galaxy Far Far Away
My First Star Wars Read!
Droids, Wookies, Storm Troopers and Of Course, Han
Way Cool Sound Effects In The Narration

With Audio Performed by Saskia Maarleveld

LINK TO SYNOPSIS (WOOKIEEPEDIA PAGE)


MY RATING⇢ 5 STARS | GRADE A+



MY THOUGHTS


Full Disclosure:  This is my first ever Star Wars read...but it won't be my last.  I've seen all the movies, except Solo.  And while I really like the Star Wars movies, I'm not a die-hard fan, like some others out there are...you know those people, they know who every character is, and what planet they came from, and all their stats, basically.  I don't follow the stories that well...in fact, when I saw Rogue One in the theatre, I didn't even know that they were all going to die in the end...I was like, what, they just died?  My husband rolled his eyes at me.  Furthermore, I don't even care that Disney took it all over.  It totally works for me.

The sound effects on the narration is phenomenal, I loved it...and Saskia Maarleveld was pretty freaking fantastic...even when she did Han's POV.  Anything that the story might have been lacking was more than made up with the audio performance. Not that the story is really lacking either...if you're even a casual fan of Star Wars, I think you'll like this...especially if you're a regular reader of YA space-themed stories.  I think Rae Carson did a more than adequate job with the many nuances that make Han Solo the charismatic character that he is.  He was just so Han...and he will forever be my favorite character in Star Wars, so it was only fitting that I started my sojourn into Star Wars-themed novels with this book.


THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 4.5/5
Narration Performance 5+/5
Characters 5/5
The Feels 4.8/5
Pacing 4.5/5
Addictiveness 5/5
Theme or Tone 5/5
Flow (Writing Style) 5/5
Backdrop (World Building) 5/5
Originality 5/5
Ending 5/5 Cliffhanger Well...
_____

Book Cover I like it...
Setting Mostly Planet Corellia
Source Libby Audiobook (Library)
Length 7 hours, 56 minutes


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER