Pages

Saturday, November 2, 2019

Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins

HEX HALL #1


FEATURING


School for Supernatural (Prodigium)
Y/A
Mystery
Splash of Romance
Despite The Cat On The Cover...
There Are No Cats In This Story


With Audio Performed by Cris Dukehart


LINK TO SERIES PAGE ON GOODREADS


MY RATING⇢ 3.8 STARS | GRADE B



MY THOUGHTS


I've seen this book, many times, over the years and never felt the need to read it...the cover really didn't impress me.  When searching for a shorter demon book for Halloween Bingo, I came across this, and it has good reviews so I thought, why not?  It turns out, it wasn't that bad...and I even kind of liked it.  I guess I was in the right mood for it.

Basically what you get with this book is...a school for the supernatural, some witchy girls, a cute boy, a vampire roommate, a murder-y-ish mystery, a ghost, and a really cheeky and fairly kick-ass heroine who isn't afraid to list her own shortcomings. Plus there is 3 more books in the series.  I don't know if I'll ever listen to them...but, hey, I didn't think I would ever listen to this book, either.


THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 4/5
Narration Performance 4.5/5
Characters 4/5
The Feels 3.7/5
Pacing 4.5/5
Addictiveness 4/5
Theme or Tone 4/5
Flow (Writing Style) 4/5
Backdrop (World Building) 4/5
Originality 3/5
Ending 3.8/5 Cliffhanger Yes...
_____

Book Cover Meh...not so much.  It's probably the reason I didn't read this 5 years ago when I was into this genre more. 
Setting Hecate Hall (aka Hex Hall), Georgia
Source Libby Audiobook (Library)
Length 7 hours, 7 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER