Pages

Saturday, April 13, 2019

See Me by Nicholas Sparks

๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Contemporary
Romance
Mystery
Suspense
My First Nicholas Sparks Book


๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏



With Audio Performed by Christopher Ryan Grant



๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏

 

Yes, this is my first Nicholas Sparks novel...I have seen a few movies based on his books, though (The Last Song gutted me).  I knew when I went looking for a book by him that I wanted something that hadn't been turned into a Movie, yet.  I found See Me, and I was intrigued, probably had something to do with the mystery/suspense it had going on.

I would call this Contemporary Romance meets Romantic Suspense.  The ending was very intense and completely surprised me...because, you see, I thought it was going to play out a little differently.  I'm impressed that he surprised me.   The writing is superb, despite being slow and a little tedious at times.  The narrator was exceptional, he had a nice smooth voice that made listening to him easy to do.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


4.2STARS - GRADE=B+



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 

Plot⇝ 4/5
Narration Performance⇝ 4/5
Main Characters⇝ 4.3/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 3.8/5
The Feels⇝ 4/5
Pacing⇝ 3.8/5
Addictiveness⇝ 4/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 4.3/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 4.5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 5/5
Ending⇝ 4.5/5
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ Meh...it's okay
Setting⇝ North Carolina
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER