Pages

Saturday, April 20, 2019

Drowning Instinct by Ilsa J Bick

๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Taboo Romance
Older YA
Psychological


๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏






With Audio Performed by Kathleen McInerney



๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


The cover and the narrator are the only recommendable aspects of this story...everything else is questionable...except maybe the ending.  I found the ending to be almost perfect, everything except for how they got there in the first place...

Overall, for me, the story has believability issues...so many aspects of the story just didn't sit well for me.   I'm surprised I gave it a chance at all...because teacher/student romance isn't really my thing...especially when dealing with high school age kids.  Just goes to show what an excellent cover can do for a story, at least for someone like me.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


2.8STARS - GRADE=C-



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝  2.5/5
Narration Performance⇝  4.5/5
Main Characters⇝  2.5/5
Secondary Characters  2/5
The Feels⇝  2.5/5
Pacing⇝  4/5
Addictiveness⇝  3.8/5
Theme or Tone⇝  2/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝  3.5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝  4/5
Originality⇝  2/5
Ending⇝  4/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Nah...
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ Striking, love the color...
Setting⇝ Wisconsin near Lake Michigan
Source⇝ Own Audible Audiobook
๏ ๏ ๏


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER