Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2019

Lifel1k3 by Jay Kristoff

Lifelike Trilogy #1


๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Futuristic Techy
Dystopian
Bots Of All Types & Sizes 
Intense Action
Slight Romanov Retelling
Existentially Thought-Provoking


With Audio Performed by Erin Spencer



๏ ๏ ๏ Links ๏ ๏ ๏







๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


I previously read an ARC of this back last year, and since the second book comes out soon, and because I loved this, I wanted a refresher on what all went down.   My original review is posted below... 

I loved this!!! Thank you, to whoever decided I was worthy of an ARC of this. I seriously wondered if I would like something by Jay Kristoff without Amie Kaufman involved…but, I totally did.  I was thrown off by the dialogue, for the first few chapters, which I would say is somewhere between Dust Lands Series and the Illuminae Files.  The world in this is fantastic, fleshed out perfectly, with just the right amount of world building.  The pacing is intense.  The action is top-notch, non-stop and depicted in a way that's easily followed.  The characters are possibly my new favorites. The twists at the end were unexpected and I can't wait for book #2.  Oh, and I'm for sure doing a re-read/listen on Audio of this before that second book comes out. 

The audio was well done, Erin Spencer was perfect for the voice of Eve/Anna.  Despite her being perfect, I still think I preferred reading this over listening to this.  Just a smidgen, though.  I seriously don't know why I feel that way, normally I prefer Audio.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


5STARS - GRADE=A+





๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 

Plot⇝  5/5
Narration Performance⇝  5/5
Main Characters⇝  5/5
Secondary Characters⇝  5/5
The Feels⇝  5/5
Pacing⇝  5/5
Addictiveness⇝  5/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 5/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝  5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝  5/5
Originality⇝  5/5
Ending⇝  5/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Um...yeah.
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ I have a sudden craving for Honeycomb
Setting⇝  A Futuristic USA
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER