Pages

Monday, April 29, 2019

Lie To Me by J.T. Ellison


๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏

 

Separate Narrators for each POV
Mystery
Psychological Thriller
Questionable Plot Twists

With Narration Performed by Matthew Waterson, Saskia Maarleveld, Sarah Naughton & Julia Whelan





๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


This book tried to have these compelling plot twists that just came off as somewhat ridiculous and hard to swallow, especially towards the last third of the book.  I was sort of feeling things until that point, and it just went downhill after that.  It felt, to me, that she was going for shock factor more than anything else.  The narration was very decently done, without that, I probably would have been super angry that I wasted my time on the story at all.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


2.5STARS - GRADE=D+



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝ 2.7/5
Narration Performance⇝ 4.5/5
Main Characters⇝ 2/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 2.7/5
The Feels⇝ 3.5/5
Pacing⇝ 4/5
Addictiveness⇝ 4/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 3/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 3.5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 4/5
Ending⇝ 2/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Nah...
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ Boring
Setting⇝ Kentucky
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER