Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2018

The Lost Codex by Heather Lyons


The Collector's Society #4


๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Fairytale Retellings
Fascinating Premise
Parallels
Sex-Plicit
Dark Fantasy
Fav Series
Series Rating: ☆4.3☆





๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


I wanted to love this…I have loved the first three books in The Collector's Society.  This has always been a uniquely told book series, but this one was just too out there in left field and left me feeling confused and sadly disappointed.  It felt like it dragged a lot of the time and was the longest 411 pages ever.  I've adored these characters and I have been fascinated with the premise, so I tried to let that reflect in my rating.  I guess, overall I just wanted this play out differently…and that ending…well, I guess ultimately that ending left an opening for this story to play out differently...

I actually finished the last half or so of this book with the Audio version, because I was being plagued by migraines and couldn't continue reading.  I did not care for the narration of this at all, though.  Heather Lyons, in my opinion, this series could have benefitted from a different narrator, in fact adding a male voice would have been worked much better for Finn's parts and for the print version, you really need to have someone proofread it.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


☆3.5☆STARS - GRADE=B-



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝ 3.2/5
Narration Performance⇝ 3.5/5
Main Characters⇝ 5/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 3.8/5
The Feels⇝ 3.7/5
Pacing⇝ 3/5
Addictiveness⇝ 3/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 4/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 3.7/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 4.3/5
Originality⇝ 4/5
Ending⇝ 4/5 Cliffhanger⇝ This is supposed to be the last one…but it could be continued…with the way it ended.
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ It's somewhat cool...
Setting⇝ The Institute, Antarctica, Wonderland
Source⇝ I own Kindle eBook 
๏ ๏ ๏




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER