Pages

Thursday, September 20, 2018

AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ● CONTAGION ●

BY ERIN BOWMAN

    NARRATED BY AMY MCFADDEN


    THE DETAILS


    ● CONTAGION #1 OF 2
     DEEP IN SPACE
     ZOMBIE-ISH VIRUS
     YA 
    ● HINT OF ROMANCE
     LENGTH OF AUDIO - 9 HOURS, 37 MINUTES
     I LISTENED ON LIBBYTHROUGH MY LIBRARY



    MY THOUGHTS●●●


    I wasn't sure what to expect with this…the only other books by Erin Bowman that I've read have been YA Westerns.  This is way different than those books.  I'll admit, early on, I thought she was jumping on the bandwagon, so to speak, with this deep space horror/thriller based on a crazy virus.  It felt an awful lot like Illuminae.  Within no time though, that thought was out of my head, because I was hooked on this compelling story.  With zombie-like symptoms, this mysterious virus is seriously frightening.  It does end on a total cliffhanger, but I'm not even upset about that because I cannot wait to listen to the second book which is set to come out in July of 2019.
     

    MY RATING 5 STARS


    BREAKDOWN●●●

    ● Narration Rating ⇢ 4.25 STARS
    ● Plot ⇢ 5/5
    ● Characters ⇢ 5/5
    ● The Feels ⇢ 4.8/5
    ● Pacing ⇢ 5/5
    ● Addictiveness ⇢ 4.8/5
    ● Theme, Tone or Intensity ⇢ 5/5
    ● Originality/Believability ⇢ 4.8/5
    ● Flow (Writing Style/Ease of Listening) ⇢ 5/5
    ● World-Building ⇢ 4.5/5
    ● Ending ⇢ 5/5
    ● Summation ⇢ 5 STARS






    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    My Latest Post

    AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER