Pages

Friday, September 28, 2018

Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher


๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Psychological
Romantic Suspense-ish
Locked In Survival
Mystery
Fav Author




With Audio Performed by Simone Lewis





๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


I have loved some of Tarryn Fisher's Stories because they are not like anything else you've ever read.  I'm not sure I was able to grasp all the subtle nuances of this complex story, not enough for me to love it, at least, but that's not to say that I wasn't moved by it.  I have read somewhere that this story means a lot to Fisher and I am curious as to the why especially now that I've read/listened to it. 

I will say that this was nothing like I thought it was going to be…I thought I had it pegged from the cover and from reading other posted reviews.  But, no.  I was wrong.  Senna is not so much unlikable, as she is distant.  She is an anomaly and she has been taken by someone…this is her story about love and survival. 


๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


4STARS - GRADE=B+




๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 


Plot⇝ 4/5
Narration Performance⇝ 5/5
Main Characters⇝ 4/5
Secondary Characters⇝ 4.3/5
The Feels⇝ 4/5
Pacing⇝ 3.5/5
Addictiveness⇝ 3.7/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 3.8/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 4.5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 5/5
Originality⇝ 5/5
Ending⇝ 4/5 Cliffhanger⇝ No…definitely not
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ a little risqué…but it goes well with the story.
Setting⇝ Seattle and Alaska
Source⇝ I own Audible Audiobook
๏ ๏ ๏




No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER