Pages

Thursday, September 27, 2018

In A Handful of Dust by Mindy McGinnis

Not A Drop to Drink #2


๏ ๏ ๏  Highlights ๏ ๏ ๏ 


Dystopian
Survival
Fav Series
Duology
Series Rating:  ☆4.3☆

With Audio Performed by Allyson Ryan




๏ ๏ ๏  My Thoughts ๏ ๏ ๏ 


An interesting follow-up to Not A Drop to Drink, while I didn't like it as much as the first installment, I did like it…I'm just not completely on-board with that ending.  Overall, a sadness hangs over the whole book…that never really dissipates with the ending, like the Author set out to make a series that puts the dis in dystopian.  She did have some interesting developments in this journey from Ohio to California…some I've never seen the likes of before.  One, in particular, was jaw-dropping.

This second book is from Lucy's pov instead of Lynn's, as it is in the first book.  I was sad that Cassandra Campbell wasn't the narrator, I really liked her, but a different narrator was the best way to keep a distinction between their voices.

๏ ๏ ๏  MY RATING ๏ ๏ ๏ 


4STARS - GRADE=B+



๏ Breakdown of Ratings ๏ 

Plot⇝ 4/5
Narration Performance⇝ 3.7/5
Characters⇝ 4/5
The Feels⇝ 3.8/5
Pacing⇝ 4.3/5
Addictiveness⇝ 4/5
Theme or Tone⇝ 4/5
Flow (Writing Style)⇝ 5/5
Backdrop (World Building)⇝ 4.5/5
Originality⇝ 4/5
Ending⇝ 4/5 Cliffhanger⇝ Not really...
๏ ๏ ๏
Book Cover⇝ I like it...
Setting⇝ From Ohio to California
Source⇝ Audiobook (Library)
๏ ๏ ๏



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER