Pages

Friday, March 20, 2020

REVIEW⇢ THE LAST LETTER

BY REBECCA YARROS




    SYNOPSIS FROM AUTHORS WEBSITE⇣
    Beckett,
    If you’re reading this, well, you know the last-letter drill. You made it. I didn’t. Get off the guilt train, because I know if there was any chance you could have saved me, you would have.
    I need one thing from you: get out of the army and get to Telluride.
    My little sister Ella’s raising the twins alone. She’s too independent and won’t accept help easily, but she has lost our grandmother, our parents, and now me. It’s too much for anyone to endure. It’s not fair.
    And here’s the kicker: there’s something else you don’t know that’s tearing her family apart. She’s going to need help.
    So if I’m gone, that means I can’t be there for Ella. I can’t help them through this. But you can. So I’m begging you, as my best friend, go take care of my sister, my family.
    Please don’t make her go through it alone.
    Ryan

    BOOK TAGS


     SPECIAL FORCES/MILITARY HERO
     SINGLE MOTHER OF TWINS HEROINE
    ⤏ A LOVABLE BLACK LAB RESCUE DOG
     MOUNTAIN RESORT TOWN
     CANCER

      BOOK DETAILS⇣


      AUDIO PERFORMED BY TEDDY HAMILTON & JENNIFER STARK
      NARRATION RATING  5/5
      BOOK COVER I LIKE THE COVER WITH HAVOC ON IT, BETTER
      SETTING TELLURIDE, COLORADO
      SOURCE AUDIBLE AUDIOBOOK
      AUDIOBOOK LENGTH 13 HOURS, 23 MINUTES


      MY THOUGHTS⇣


      Finally, my first five-star rating (not counting my re-read/listen of The Grace Year).   I was wondering if I'd become too jaded, too unfeeling, to really let a story get under my skin anymore.  This book not only got under my skin, it even made me cry, It was actually quite heartbreaking.  With everything that this woman had to through with her child, I couldn't help wondering what it would be like to go through all that with an ongoing pandemic added to the mix.

      I had a few issues with the back and forth will they or won't they, between the Hero and Heroine...but Havoc (the retired military/rescue dog), plus Colt and Maisie (the twins) were such likable characters it was only a minimal hiccup for me.  Added to that the splendid narration by Teddy Hamilton and Jennifer Stark that was perfectly executed...and voila, my first five-star rating of 2020.  I really like Rebecca Yarros' writing and storytelling finesse.  I think she has made my list of top 5 go-to Authors for Romance...which also includes Colleen Hoover, Emma Scott, Amy Harmon, and KA Tucker.


      MY RATING 5✰STARS✰


      BREAKDOWN⇣

      Plot 5/5
      Characters 5/5
      The Feels 5/5
      Pacing 5/5
      Addictiveness 5/5
      Theme or Tone 5/5
      Flow (Writing Style) 5/5
      Steaminess/Story Ratio 20/80
      Originality 5/5
      Ending 5/5





      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      My Latest Post

      AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER