Pages

Saturday, March 28, 2020

REVIEW⤏ DEADLY SILENCE

BY REBECCA ZANETTI




    SYNOPSIS FROM AUTHORS WEBSITE⇣
    DON’T LOOK BACK
    Under siege. That’s how Ryker Jones feels. The Lost Bastards Investigative Agency he opened up with his blood brothers has lost a client in a brutal way. The past he can’t outrun is resurfacing, threatening to drag him down in the undertow. And the beautiful woman he’s been trying to keep at arm’s length is in danger…and he’ll destroy anything and anyone to keep her safe.
    Paralegal Zara Remington is in over her head. She’s making risky moves at work by day and indulging in an affair with a darkly dangerous PI by night. There’s a lot Ryker isn’t telling her and the more she uncovers, the less she wants to know. But when all hell breaks loose, Ryker may be the only one to save her. If his past doesn’t catch up to them first…


    BOOK TAGS


     ROMANTIC SUSPENSE
     SEXUALLY EXPLICIT
     DARK ANGEL-ESQUE GENETICALLY ENHANCED DUDES
     TOO MUCH GOING ON...
    ⤏ EYE-ROLL INDUCING

      BOOK DETAILS⇣


      AUDIO PERFORMED BY KAREN WHITE
      NARRATION RATING  2/5
      BOOK COVER IT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER...
      SETTING WYOMING...(I THINK)
      SOURCE LIBBY AUDIOBOOK (LIBRARY)
      AUDIOBOOK LENGTH 12 HOURS, 36 MINUTES...TOO F-ING LONG


      MY THOUGHTS⇣


      Full Disclosure:  I wouldn't have even tried this series if it weren't for the many readers who love it...so, maybe, don't take my feelings on it too seriously...

      First off, I did not care for the voice of the narrator...and she voiced the male lead of the story to further my dislike.  That, unfortunately, set the tone for the whole book.  Secondly, I don't know if Romantic Suspense is for me...it comes off too cheesy and unbelievable.  I don't know if it's the narrator or just the genre itself???

      I liked the genetically enhanced Hero and his "brothers" aspect, even if it is a little sexist, I mean, I think they were created by some deranged sex-starved woman...so maybe, that explains why they are all men.  As the story progressed it basically went from bad to worse, there were too many elements at play here...and I couldn't follow them all.   The clincher for me, though...was the hour-long sex scenes...Ugh!


      MY RATING 2✰STARS✰


      BREAKDOWN⇣

      Plot 2.5/5
      Characters 2/5
      The Feels 1/5
      Pacing 2/5
      Addictiveness 1/5
      Flow (Writing Style) 2.5/5
      Steaminess/Story Ratio 40/60
      Romance⇢ 2/5
      Ending 2/5




      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      My Latest Post

      AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER