Pages

Monday, March 9, 2020

REVIEW⇢ DIRTY GIRLS

BY LILY WHITE




    SYNOPSIS FROM AUTHORS WEBSITE⇣
    They were the boys any good girl knew to avoid.
    Rich and privileged.
    Gorgeous and cruel.
    The poster boys for rebellion…their tongues so sharp they cut to the bone.
    We worshipped them despite their dangerous games.
    We laughed even as we cried.
     It was all fun and games until the first dirty girl died.
    Now, as the bodies pile up, I believe I can endure their wicked ways.
    Only time will tell if I’ll escape.
    Because when wealthy boys are accustomed to getting everything they want, not even the lives of those around them are too high an asking price.


    BOOK TAGS


     A POSSIBLE SERIAL KILLER MYSTERY
     MIXED WITH ROMANCE...AT LEAST I THINK IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE
     MORE DEPRAVED THAN DARK
     TRYING TO FIT WITH THE IN CROWD
     BULLYING & DEGRADATION 

      BOOK DETAILS⇣


      BOOK COVER ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT...THOSE BOOTS ARE CUTE
      SETTING WINTER RIDGE, WASHINGTON
      SOURCE I OWN KINDLE EBOOK
      eBOOK LENGTH 396 PAGES


      MY THOUGHTS⇣


      I was looking for something dark that would suck me in with undeniable chemistry, despite the darkness of the couple's situation...sadly that's not what I got.  No, instead the MC was only attracted to the guy who strung her up like an animal, literally hanging her by her arms for hours.  For no other reason than he thought it was funny, to show her that he was "that" guy, the one who could get away with anything he wanted.  That incident was actually only the beginning of his douchebaggery.

      After that point, I was disillusioned, but I stuck with it...hoping this girl would get a clue, feeling like she had to.  But...it didn't happen.  So then I was hoping the subplot of a serial killer mystery would be able to carry this story...and while it kept me reading it ultimately fizzled out too, since I found it rather unbelievable.

      So, why did I give it 2 stars then, despite all these numerous issues?  Basically, because I kept reading...all the way to the end.  I'll give credit for at least hooking me.


      MY RATING 2✰STARS✰


      BREAKDOWN⇣

      Plot 2/5
      Characters 2/5
      The Feels 2/5
      Pacing 3/5
      Addictiveness 3/5
      Theme or Tone 2/5
      Flow (Writing Style) 3/5
      Twisty-ness 2/5
      Steaminess/Story Ratio 15/85
      Ending 1/5




      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      My Latest Post

      AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER