Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2020

REVIEW⤏ SOCIAL CREATURE

BY TARA ISABELLA BURTON




    SYNOPSIS FROM AUTHORS WEBSITE
    They go through both bottles of champagne right there on the High Line, with nothing but the stars over them... They drink and Lavinia tells Louise about all the places they will go together when they finish their stories when they are both great writers-to Paris and to Rome and to Trieste...Lavinia will never go. She is going to die soon.
    Louise has nothing. Lavinia has everything. After a chance encounter, the two spiral into an intimate, intense, and possibly toxic friendship. A Talented Mr. Ripley for the digital age, this seductive story takes a classic tale of obsession and makes it irresistibly new


    BOOK TAGS


     A TOXIC RELATIONSHIP
     SOMEONE DIES
     CHIC-LIT-ISH
     A TALENTED MR RIPLEY FOR THE DIGITAL AGE 
     ANNOYING CHARACTERS
     I WANTED THEM ALL TO DIE IN THE END

      BOOK DETAILS⇣


      AUDIO PERFORMED BY SASKIA MAARLEVELD
      NARRATION RATING 3*/5
      BOOK COVER I'M NOT FEELING IT SO MUCH
      SETTING NEW YORK CITY
      SOURCE LIBBY AUDIOBOOK (LIBRARY)
      AUDIOBOOK LENGTH 8 HOURS, 43 MINUTES


      MY THOUGHTS⇣


      *This was difficult to rate the narration on.  Normally I like Saskia Maarleveld, and I'm not saying she was bad, only that the characters were so monumentally annoying to me and if the portrayal of them is done well, it could only end up being absolutely dreadful.  And she did actually play them to perfection.  Which means she was actually really good.  But...seriously, the narration just about did me in.  Since it was both good and bad in its own way; I rated it 3 Stars. 

      At 278 pages, this is a short book...and yet it felt like it dragged on and on.  Since I despised every character in this book, they were all so overly dramatic and pompous that no matter how much I tried I couldn't get into the story...I think I only finished it...in hopes that they would all die in the end.


      MY RATING ✰STARS✰


      BREAKDOWN⇣

      Plot 2/5
      Characters 1/5
      The Feels 2/5
      Pacing 2/5
      Addictiveness 2/5
      Theme or Tone 2/5
      Flow (Writing Style) 2/5
      Twisty-ness 1/5
      Originality 1/5
      Ending 1.5/5



      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      My Latest Post

      AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER