Pages

Friday, January 31, 2020

REVIEW: TATTERED (LARK COVE #1)

BY DEVNEY PERRY

    Thea Landry has always known her place in modern-day society. It’s somewhere just above the trash can her mother dumped her in as a newborn but below the class where much comes easy. With her tattered shoes and bargain-bin clothes, her life has never been full of glamour.

    So when a rich and charismatic man takes interest, she doesn’t fool herself into thinking their encounter is anything more than a one-night stand. Months later, she’s kicking herself for not getting his phone number. Or his last name. She’s given up hope of seeing him ever again.

    Until one day, years later, Logan Kendrick waltzes into her life once more and turns everything she’s built upside down. This time around, she won’t make the same mistake. She’s going to fight to keep him in her life—not for herself.

    But for their daughter.


    BOOK TAGS


     CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE  RICH HERO/POOR HEROINE  LOW-KEY DRAMA  THE KID MADE THE STORY ⁝ COULD HAVE DONE WITHOUT THE STALKER ELEMENT 

      BOOK DETAILS⇣


      AUDIO PERFORMED BY MAXINE MITCHELL & AARON SHEDLOCK
      NARRATION RATING  5/5
      BOOK COVER LOVE IT...THE SUBTLE COLORS AND LAKE SCENERY ARE AMAZING.
      SETTING MONTANA & NEW YORK CITY
      SOURCE HOOPLA AUDIOBOOK (LIBRARY)
      AUDIOBOOK LENGTH 10 HOURS, 7 MINUTES


      MY THOUGHTS⇣


      First and foremost; the narration was amazingly performed.  Each of them did the voice of the little girl so well, that I believe Charlie is my favorite character in this story.  Since the rich guy, poor girl schtick isn't really my thing, Charlie's character really won me over, that and her interactions with both MC's.  Also, the steaminess (sexy scenes) to story ratio was actually right where I like it to be, the perfect mix.  The added stalker element to this story felt like it was only there to make the book longer and I could have done without it.

      Contemporary Romance that is low on drama is my favorite kind of romance.  I'm really put off by all the unnecessary shenanigans, especially when they feel contrived. This sort of thing is what turned me off from Romance themed books in the first place.  Every once in a while, though, I still like to read one...and when I find an author I like, I tend to stick with them.  Devney Perry could become one of those authors...I may have to read/listen to a few more of her books to figure that out, but I'm willing to do so.


      MY RATING ✰STARS✰


      BREAKDOWN⇣

      Plot 3.5/5
      Characters 4/5
      The Feels 3.5/5
      Pacing 4/5
      Addictiveness 3.7/5
      Theme or Tone 4/5
      Flow (Writing Style) 3.7/5
      Steaminess/Story Ratio⇢ 20/80
      Originality 3/5
      Ending 3.5/5





      FOR MORE LOW-KEY-DRAMA CONTEMPORARY ROMANCE, 

      YOU MAY ALSO LIKE...

      No comments:

      Post a Comment

      My Latest Post

      AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER