Pages

Thursday, December 12, 2019

The Wicked King by Holly Black



The Folk of the Air #2
FEATURING⇢
⬥Book #1 Rating: 4.3 STARS
⬥Fairy High Court
⬥Intrigue & Betrayals
⬥Unforeseen Twists
⬥A Darkly Fantastical Fae World
⬥Sprinkled With Immoral Wantonness
⬥YA-ish


(AUTHOR'S WEBSITE)


MY RATING⇢ 4.7 STARS | GRADE A


MY THOUGHTS


My love for this series keeps growing...and I don't usually like Fae Stories.  This second book in The Folk of the Air Series, I liked even more than the first book, despite not understanding why Jude wants to live in the fairy world, to begin with.  I mean these fairies are evil, just because they can't lie doesn't mean they have to tell the truth.  They could just not say anything...after all...

Fair warning, this is said to be YA, but I think it's more like risque-YA (I love it when shit rhymes).  Holly Black's fairies are not only mean they are quite naughty, debaucherous, even..  I think this naughtiness is a part of its appeal, at least for me...possibly a few others.

Seriously, though, that ending was hella crazy...I thought I had it figured out, but no.  Such an interesting turn of events...I can't wait to see where she is taking this story next...



I'm starting Queen of Nothing posthaste.


THE BREAKDOWN⇢  


Plot 4.5/5
Narration Performance 4.5/5
Characters 5/5
The Feels 5/5
Pacing 5/5
Addictiveness 4.5/5
Theme or Tone 4.3/5
Flow (Writing Style) 5/5
Backdrop (World Building) 5/5
Originality 5/5
Ending 5/5 Cliffhanger "To be continued"
_____

Book Cover Love it...
Setting Elfhame & the Mortal World
Source Libby Audiobook (Library)
Length 10 hours, 21 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Latest Post

AUDIOBOOK ➯ THE PERFECT MOTHER